Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: A Brand New NXT Championship Is Coming!?, Quick Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday.


Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. 

And yes, It is a bit too early than the usual time that I post but I got things to do so why not, right? Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

A Brand New NXT Championship Is Coming!? 

This past week's episode of NXT saw Keith Lee winning the NXT title, ending Adam Cole's 403-day reign as NXT champion in the process. 

And now, Lee is a double champ and according to Belt Fan Dan (a reliable piece of news when it comes to wrestling title belts), he pretty much said that the NXT Championship will be bigger but with the same design. 

It kinda fits especially for a guy like Keith Lee based on my imagination regarding how the title will eventually look like. Very curious as to how it looks because like anything, I may or may not like it. 

A Follow Up Regarding WWE Allowing Fans In Their Shows Again. 

WWE Rumors: WWE editing Roman Reigns' fans reaction again


I know a lot of you guys would relate to this but I ain't going to be in a place with mass gathering until the pandemic. 

That piece of news honestly scares me for obvious reasons but first, let me give you the info. 

Wrestlevotes stated in a tweet that WWE is aiming for the return of the live crowd in late September. 

Meanwhile, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful basically said last week on Fightful select that WWE hopes to bring back the fans but it is not "happening anytime soon."

Two weeks back, Mike Johnson over at PWInsider heard that WWE wanted to run live events outside of Full Sail and The PC starting in August but the timing is "premature". 

I personally DO NOT want them to invite fans back in areas until the pandemic is over. They can't even handle the Covid-19 situation with a limited audience in their own facility so…….

WWE And AEW Are Finally Getting An Emmy Consideration!? 

WWE nominated for 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards, Stephanie McMahon on ...
from Wrestleview

"For a long time, people have always wondered, when will WWE ever get an Emmy nomination?
" Says no one ever. 


All lame jokes aside, this could be big for the pro wrestling business as a whole. 

From Dave Meltzer And Wrestling Observer Newsletter (via Fightful), WWE's two major brands (RAW and Smackdown) and AEW Dynamite are getting a nomination in the "Outstanding Structured Reality Program” category. 

The category itself was established in 2014 and it contains "consistent story elements that mostly adhere to a recurring structured template."

Side note, In last year's ceremony, Netflix's Queen Eye won the Emmy for this exact category. 

Edge On The Wednesday Night Showcase Of AEW Dynamite And NXT. 

WWE news: Edge teases his mood ahead of his return on Monday Night ...


The Rated R Superstar did an interview with the clickbait giant, ScreenRant to promote his new movie "Money Plane". 

During the conversation, he talked about the Wednesday Night showcase of two shows in NXT and AEW Dynamite and how it's a good thing:  

"I think competition in anything is always a good thing. I think it forces people to up their game and not rest on their laurels. 

I think, if I'm looking at it from the performer's aspect, it's another place to be able to ply your trade, and that's amazing. That's never a bad thing. 

Just imagine if there was only one studio, if all there was was MGM. I like the fact that there's a bunch of different studios, and I think the same goes for wrestling. I think it ups everyone's game. As a wrestling fan, that's never a bad thing."

What he said. 

Quick Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday. 

WWE SmackDown Results – July 10, 2020 | PWMania.com

I didn't post the usual Smackdown review on Saturday because I just didn't feel like reviewing a show.

After watching this episode, it gave me the feeling of not reviewing at all because this one was bad. 

Why? Well, it included a meaningless segment that went nowhere and didn't benefit the division, mediocre matches with one match that has gotten more repeats than a syndicated Friends episode. 


And you know what's the worst part? A UNIVERSAL TITLE MATCH THAT AIRED BACK IN MAY IS THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS GOD FORSAKEN SHOW. By far, the worst pro wrestling TV episode of the year.  


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...