Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 17/1/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought this episode of Smackdown was fine. It wasn't boring other than one segment and it wasn't offensively horrendous in the eyes of a fan like myself either. Smackdown on FOX his improved bit by bit as of late but not drastic as I hope it would be. 

Kane Announces His Role In The Royal Rumble Match. 

WWE Photo
Nothing says that WWE is now moving forward by starting off an episode with Kane. The big red machine tells his story in his record in the Royal Rumble match. 

Bray Wyatt showed up via the firefly funhouse and he mentioned that he never forgot Kane while showing videos of Bray's first major feud in WWE with the big red machine almost 7 years back. 

WWE Photo

The Fiend rose from under the ring and Kane looks at Wyatt saying that he never forgets. That line from Kane was for Daniel Bryan to hit the running knee to The Fiend only for the alter ego to disappear once more. 

Bryan in an interview with Kalya Braxton, challenges Bray Wyatt for the universal championship in a strap match at the Royal Rumble. 

A decent segment and I'm not feeling on the stipulation yet but will see how the match is constructed one week from Sunday. 

John Morrison vs Big E. 

WWE Photo
It seems that John's blonde hair look from last week has now spread all across Kofi's hair. Who knew that Morrison had the power to turn people's hair blonde? 

Anywho, Morrison wins with the starship pain thanks to you guessed it, some distractions. A good match actually. 

The Usos vs The Revival. 

WWE Photo
While this match reminds me of that awful storyline they were in, it was a fun tag team bout. The Usos wins here with the splash Samoan style from Jimmy Uso. 

While The Revival were being interviewed by Kayla, Lacey Evans was brawling with Bayley. After this, Adam Pearce (yes, a WWE producer) made a match between Bayley and Lacey Evans official in this very episode. 

Sonya Deville asked Mandy Rose if Otis could be in Deville's corner which makes sense given that Otis' distraction helped Mandy get a W last week (no sh*t, Omar). 

Lacey Evans vs Bayley. 

WWE Photo
Evans delivers the moonsault but her gut landed on Bayley's knee. Evans win her match with probably the best looking women's right I've ever seen.

A brand new interviewer in Alyse Aston asked Shorty G about what Sheamus did to him. Sheamus interrupts Shorty G and Shorty immediately pushes Sheamus and brawls with him. I know you've heard this a million times but Sheamus' new look is badass. 

Elias Concert. 

WWE Photo
Elias sings about Greensboro, NC to which Sami Zayn shows up with Nakamura and Cesaro and at one point during his promo about Braun Strowman, he calls the fans "stupid oath" (I had to Google that word and it has two meanings but one of them means "a profane or offensive expression used to express anger or other strong emotions." There you go). 

WWE Photo

The heel trio gangs up on Elias because Elias sang about how Nakamura sucks but Elias got help. A Monster help in Braun Strowman. This segment bored me to death. And Yes, that R Truth segment with Brock Lesnar had no narrative progression but at least it was entertaining. 

Sonya Deville vs Alexa Bliss. 

WWE Photo

Otis was indeed in ringside but that actually gave Sonya Deville an L. What's gonna happen? Will have to wait and find out. 

Roman Reigns vs Robert Roode. If Roman Wins Then He Gets To Choose A Stipulation For Roman's Match With King Corbin At The Royal Rumble. If Roman Loses Then King Corbin Get To Choose A Stipulation. 

WWE Photo
The match kicked off immediately after Roode hits Roman Reigns' back during the big dog's entrance. Reigns was about to hit the spear on Roode through a barricade but he instead hits himself hard through a barricade. 

Corbin and Dolph Ziggler put a mugging on Reigns but the Usos gave a big assistance to his cousin (that double splash from the barricade through the announce table by The Usos to Ziggler looked great) leading to Reigns delivering the spear on Roode through a table and wins to pick a stipulation for his upcoming bout in Houston which is a falls count anywhere match. 

Can that stipulation end this feud? I hope so. I will say that this match was surprisingly decent for what it was. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: John Morrison vs Big E, The Usos vs The Revival. 

Didn't like: Elias, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro and Braun Strowman segment. 


If you've followed me on Twitter (which you should @omartheplayaguy), then you"ll know that I skipped reviewing this past week's edition of My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays and if you don't, I basically had some personal issues to take care of. 

Also, let you guys know that The 5 News Week will return to your feeds tomorrow which I'm so excited to share some of the news I've gathered throughout the week. 

Sound off in the comments below on what do you think about this week's episode of Friday Night Smackdown? Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...

WWE Royal Rumble 2021 | A Coherent Review.

I know it's something you've heard a gazillion times but it's true.  We are on the road to Wrestlemania which is f'ing crazy to think about.  While this year's Royal Rumble PPV had its moments, the show as a whole was just fine.  By the way, the show was almost 4 hours but it felt like 2.  As usual, I can't talk about the women's tag team title match at the pre-show simply because I've not seen it.  Images via WWE.com Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg For The WWE Championship.  When Goldberg hits the jackhammer, I almost had a heart attack but thank God the Scotsmen kicked out.   Oh, and Drew McIntyre won the match in a meh opening match that was shorter than the Immortals Fenix Rising demo (the most specific reference I've ever made).  They showed some respect after the match.  At least Drew McIntyre won, right?  Sasha Banks vs Carmella For The SmackDown Women's Championship.  Carmella almost killed herself with that sick looking suic...