Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: RAW Tag Team Championship Belt Reportedly Getting A Redesign Plus So Much More.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

RAW Tag Team Championship Belt Reportedly Getting A Redesign. 

Both the RAW and the Smackdown Live Tag Team Championships belt design looks like in need of a desperate makeover for years now and according to a report from Heel By Nature, a belt insider by the name of Belt Fan Dan (cool name by the way) said that WWE has contracted Dave McMillan to design the men's tag team titles for RAW and Smackdown. 

Dave McMillan is the same person that designed the "penny" tag team title belts and debuted it in 2010. The report also stated that the "penny" design was actually the design for the women's tag team championship but later WWE scrapped it because they didn't like it. Thank God.

List of WWE Superstars And On-Screen Personalities With Contract Expiration Dates. 

Fightful.com posted an article which contains wrestlers and on-screen personalities' contract expiration dates from different wrestling promotions but I'm going to post the WWE ones because this is primarily a WWE blog, unfortunately (Click here to read the entire list): 

  • AJ Styles- April 2019.
  • Dean Ambrose: April 2019.
  • Big Show: Spring 2021.
  • Daniel Bryan: September 2021.
  • The Good Brothers- September 2019.
  • The Miz: 2022. 
  • Jerry Lawler- January 10, 2021.
  • Jim Ross: March 2019. 
  • Kevin Owens: signed a 5-year deal back in 2018 that will last until of April 2023. 
  • Mandy Rose- Late 2020.
  • Mauro Ranallo- June 2019.
  • Matt Hardy- March 5, 2019.
  • Mojo Rawley- 2020. 
  • Pat McAfee- signed a multi-year deal back in December of 2018 that will last through 2020 at least.
  • Paige- April 2019. 
  • Rey Mysterio- signed a two-year deal that will last until October 2020. Includes a clause after 18 months. 
  • Randy Orton: signed a ten-year deal in 2010. Set to expire in 2020. 
  • The Revival- April 2020. 
  • Ronda Rousey- April 10, 2021. 
  • Stephanie McMahon - October 7, 2019 (as on-screen talent). 
  • Shinsuke Nakamura- 2019. 
  • The Usos: April 2019. 

TJP Responded To The Rumoured Reason As To His WWE Release. 

As you might know, TJP has been let go from WWE under the 205 live brand. The rumoured reason is because of his tattoos apparently but TJ Perkins has responded to this on twitter and here's what he had to say: 


Damien Sandow On His Acting Career And If He Could Wrestle Again. 

The great Chris Van Vleet posted his latest interview with Damien Sandow on Youtube (click here to watch it) about his next chapter in life but Sandow also talked about his acting career and if he could wrestle again (shout out to WrestlingInc for the transcript): 

"Right now I'm really just trying to focus on acting but that doesn't mean I'm never going to step in a ring again because let's face it, everyone says 'I'm done, I'm done' and everyone comes back and I'm just not going to be that guy." "What if I do get an itch someday? I don't want to niche myself into saying 'I'm just an actor.' No, I'm me. I'm trying acting and digging it but that doesn't mean I'm going to deny my past."

Ricochet Comments About Which Brand He'll Go To. 

Ricochet, who by the way was a part of the highest rated RAW show of 2019 so far recently talked about which brand he'll go to in a short interview with WPSD Local 6: 

“I will be on RAW and SmackDown going forward. At least until after Mania. After Mania, it’s gonna be one or the other. I’m assuming, I don’t know. But that’s what I’m assuming. But yes, going forward, I am now an official member of RAW and/or SmackDown.” (Transcript via WrestlingNews.co). 

Well, I hope you're caught up with the news and let me know your thoughts on the news I just reported. Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...