Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Samoa Joe Might Wrestle Again!?, Whose Idea Was RAW Underground?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

Sorry for not being consistent lately, I've just been taking care of some personal things. 


pictures via WWE.com

Samoa Joe Might Wrestle Again!? 


The Samoan submission machine's role in TV as of late is on the commentary desk (no sh*t, Omar). 

The reason as to why he's a colour commentator is due to a concussion that he sustained in a RAW commercial shot back in February. Which is why he hasn't been cleared since. 

That story is according to Wrestling Observer Newsletter from late May (from WrestlingInc). 

But, MVP has heard that Samoa Joe is preparing for a return to in-ring action in an interview with Newsweek: 

"What I understand, ole Samoa Joe is gonna be back in action and over the years Samoa Joe and I have been great friends, but we've never ever faced each other." 

At some point, I feel like he will be cleared to wrestle again. 

Here's hoping that it doesn't stop him from doing great things in the ring. 


Whose Idea Was RAW Underground? 


Raw Underground First Impressions Pros & Cons of WWE's Fight Club ...

RAW Underground is now two weeks old (doesn't feel like it) and it's been getting mixed reactions from pundits and fans alike. 

The question that has been on my mind for some reason is, whose idea was it? 

It was the host himself, Shane McMahon or at least that's what a little birdie told Sportskeeda and Tom Colohue. 

Here's more of what Tom has to say about the matter: 

"It was entirely Shane's idea, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see him step into that ring sooner rather than later. Honestly, people in the WWE are really quite high on some of Shane's ideas recently, including back in the Best of the World tournament and the Royal Rumble this year where he was heavily involved in the booking."

Will this be successful? Like anything, it can be. 

The concept, however, has to be used with the right amount of execution and Monday Night RAW isn't known for that.

When's The Next NXT Takeover After XXX? 


Takeover number 30 is coming up in a week along with the biggest party of the summer. 

The next iteration of the praised Takeover line up apparently has a date once again. 

According to PWInsider and Mikey Johnson, the next Takeover will take place Sunday, October the 4th. 

My assumption is that this is the last Takeover of 2020? 

Quick Smackdown Thoughts. 


WWE Photo

The show was so meh that I didn't even review the show. 

It wasn't as bad as the past few weeks but it wasn't enjoyable either.

I wanna briefly talk about the final segment because a double turn happened and it was unexpected. 


WWE Photo

The segment as a whole was decent. Braun Strowman basically told Alexa Bliss to go F herself and it was the funniest thing I've seen all year even though it was not intentional. 

The only thing I didn't like about the segment and its nitpick but it's the evil laughs at the end from Strowman. 

I thought it came off really unnatural and a bit corny. 

Wyatt's execution of it was the opposite because the dude is damn good at what he does.

WWE Photo


What I do like is the consistent narrative being written that The Fiend changes people which he does (not including Goldberg for some reason).  

Braun Strowman is boring af and it's crazy to say that because I used to get a big kick out of him destroying stuff while shouting "ROAR!".

Maybe that new edge of his is needed for the big man?  Who knows. 

The TV-PG Rating For WWE Is No More? 

Speaking of the blue brand, this past week's episode got a TV-14 instead of the usual PG rating. 





Will have to wait and see if this change is actually permanent or temporary for segments like the Wyatt and Braun stuff or for every segment in general. 



What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...